OccPhyz Consulting is closely monitoring developments regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and is taking all advised precautions to minimise the risk of virus transmissions. While the situation of COVID-19 continues to rapidly evolve, I wanted to take this time to address the issue and reassure you of the measures we as a company are enacting to ensure the ongoing health and wellbeing of all patients, our Occupational Physicians and practice staff.
Currently, our Occupational Physicians will continue to perform assessments in person across Queensland. The management of COVID-19 is a rapidly changing health crisis and we will be closely monitoring this situation in real-time and review our approach regularly based on the advice of medical experts and government bodies.
To minimise risk of COVID-19 virus transmission, OccPhyz Consulting will commence screening all examinees prior to appointments.
To assist us, we request assistance from our clients that your Patients/Claimants/Employees should reschedule their appointments if:
- they are feeling unwell, especially if suffering from fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- they have been to a country considered at a higher risk of Coronavirus in the last 14 days.
- they have been in close contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus.
OccPhyz Consulting will determine if it is appropriate to reschedule the assessment to a later date or if alternative arrangements can be made (i.e. telehealth).
With effect from today, we have raised our level of infection control to reduce the risk of viral transmissions which includes:
- All persons entering our practice will be required to use alcohol hand gel.
- No shaking of hands upon greeting patients.
- All physical examinations will be performed with glove.
- A distance of one (1) metre between our doctor and patient, where possible.
- All patients will be contacted, if possible, and screened for COVID-19 symptoms and or possible contact with persons at high risk e.g. travellers from overseas.
- All persons (doctors, staff or patients) with “cold-like” symptoms are to stay away.
We take you and your clients’ wellbeing seriously and will take all reasonable steps to protect the health & safety of our Occupational Physicians, practice staff, patients and visitors at OccPhyz Consulting.