The MAHP is a team of practitioners who work alongside WorkCover Queensland to provide valuable assistance with rehabilitation and return to work goals through providing professional comment in the following areas:
- Reviewing treatment requests to ensure they are evidence based, appropriate and required due to the work related condition or injury;
- Reviewing surgery requests (including item codes) to ensure they are evidence based, appropriate and required due to the work related condition or injury;
- Complex claim reviews and advice to WorkCover staff to help develop rehabilitation and return to work strategies;
- Advice to WorkCover staff about communicating with treating practitioners about treatment;
- Medical report reviews/evaluation (including GEPI report reviews);
- Provide peer to peer feedback to other practitioners as required, including discussing feedback about report findings and assessments with reporting practitioners;
- Attend or present forums/educational sessions to our people or other stakeholders; and
- Helping WorkCover Queensland develop our injury management and return to work programs and strategies.
Dr Lingwood is proud to continue to assist with facilitating evidence-based and best practice treatment, rehabilitation and return to work strategies for injured and ill workers.