Dr Andrew Lingwood
Dr Andrew Lingwood is a Director of OccPhyz Consulting and a Consultant Physician in Occupational and Environmental Medicine. As a specialist Occupational and Environmental Physician, he focuses on the complex aspects of medicine at the interface of work and health, assisting employees and organisations to manage health risks and experience the health benefits of good work. After working as a medical officer in hospitals in Sydney and rural New South Wales, Dr Lingwood commenced work and training in the field of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. After completing the faculty’s comprehensive training program, he was admitted as a Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (Royal Australasian College of Physicians).
Dr Lingwood serves as the Deputy Chair of the Faculty Assessment Committee and is an examiner and training supervisor for the Faculty. Dr Lingwood regularly attends and presents at Occupational Medicine conferences and also regularly provides keynote presentations and training to stakeholder groups. Dr Lingwood consults for and provides occupational medicine services to individuals and local general practitioners and also a wide range of public and private companies. He has had extensive involvement in health and aged care (residential and community), transport, logistics and transport safety workers, manufacturing and process work, hospitality and other services, and mining and resources. Within these industries and organisations, Dr Lingwood’s experience and expertise include:
- Independent Medical Examinations, Permanent Impairment Assessments and other Medico-legal Assessments
- Clinical Occupational and Environmental Medicine including management of work-related injury and illness
- Organisational Policy and Procedure Development and Advice
- Hazardous Substances and Health Monitoring
- Evidence-Based Medicine and Epidemiology
- Workplace Hazard
- Assessment and Risk Management
- Safety Critical Workers
- Medical Review Officer Services for Drug and Alcohol Management.
Dr Lingwood has extensive experience performing high quality, detailed independent medico-legal assessments and reports for a variety of stakeholders in the public and private sectors including insurers, employers, lawyers, unions and individuals. He is a Certified Independent Medical Examiner, accredited by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners, and trained in the use of the American Medical Association (AMA) Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. Dr Lingwood can perform assessments using the 4th, 5th and 6th Editions of the AMA Guides. He is also an Independent Medical Examiner and Permanent Impairment Assessor for WorkCover Queensland and provides Medical Advisory Panel services and advice on latent onset diseases. Dr Lingwood is also certified to provide Independent Medical Examinations for New South Wales’ State Insurance Regulatory Authority, WorkSafe Victoria, the Transport Accident Commission and WorkSafe Tasmania. As part of Dr Lingwood’s extensive medicolegal reporting work, he has worked with both plaintiff and defendant legal teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of NSW
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (with first class honours), University of NSW
- Master of Science and Technology in Occupational Medicine, University of NSW
- Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine, Monash University