Breath Alcohol Screening
- Pre-Employment Medical
- Statutory Medicals including
- Periodic Medical
- Occupational Audiometry Assessment
- Spirometry Test
- Urine Drug Screening (Instant and Laboratory)
- Breath Alcohol Screening (Instant and Laboratory)
- Workplace Vaccinations – including but not limited to Q Fever.
- Education of Stakeholders
- Work site visits
OccPhyz can perform breath alcohol screening as part of your pre-employment medicals or health surveillance program.
Prior to implementing a Drug & Alcohol Testing Program your company needs to have a Drug & Alcohol Policy. If you would like advice, our Occupational & Environmental Physicians can assist.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
Drug and alcohol testing is becoming an increasing additional test to a Pre-employment medical. It can also be used for: –
- Random Testing.
- Reasonable cause – where the company suspects an employee is working whilst impaired by alcohol or another drug.
- Work related injury.
OccPhyz will be using a HH3 Handheld Breath Alcohol testing device which complies with the Australian Standard AS/NZS 3547-1997 at our Cannon Hill rooms.
The screening will be performed by certified tester meeting the Australian Standards.
Some of the benefits of conducting breath alcohol screening include:
- Reduction in Workers Compensation claims.
- A Safer working environment.
- Reduced risk to the business and other employees.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's):
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments can be made Monday to Friday from 8am by calling 07 33489611. SMS reminders sent to the candidate no later than the day prior to their appointment.
The candidate will be emailed an information prior to their appointment, which includes frequently asked questions and what to bring to their appointment.
What happens with the results?
A copy is provided to both the employee and the employer.
These will be emailed to your company within one day of the appointment. Morning appointments will normally be back that afternoon, with afternoon appointments available early the next working day.