Yes, we are open!
The Australian government has deemed all health practitioners to be ‘essential services’ at this time. As such, OccPhyz Consulting is open as normal, with special measures taken to create a low risk environment.
If you have experienced a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or travelled overseas in the past month, please do not enter this facility, stay home and reschedule your appointment.
To help keep communities safe from transmission of COVID-19, face masks must be worn at all times when you leave your home, this includes attending medical appointments. The best face mask is a single-use surgical mask – you can purchase these at pharmacies. If you are unable to get a surgical mask, cloth masks are fine to use. The most effective cloth masks are made up of at least 3 layers.We do have a limited supply of masks for people to use, please help us by bringing your own.
What are we doing to protect against COVID-19
The health and safety of our patients and staff at OccPhyz Consulting is our number one priority. We are following all recommended Australian Government Department of Health recommendations to keep our clinic as a low-risk environment for all. Please continue to check in on our social media pages for updates as to how we are managing the Coronavirus situation.
Everyone attending appointments or visiting our rooms is required to check-in with Check-In QLD App located on the front door and in reception to assist with contract tracing by Queensland Health, if required.
Clinic Hygiene and Cleanliness
- All our team members have completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Training through the Australian Government Department of Health and are rigorously adhering to these guidelines.
- All practitioners sanitise their hands and equipment before and after each assessment.
- All table surfaces in contact with head or hands are being cleaned after each patient visit.
- All ‘high touch’ surfaces and areas are being cleaned multiple times per day.
- All magazines and children’s toys have been removed from the reception area.
- All patients are instructed to use hand sanitiser upon entry and departure from our practice. This is located on the reception counter.
- Chairs have been removed from the reception area to allow for a minimum of 1.5m distance between them, or 4 m2 per person.
- Chairs have been placed outside for those who wish to wait outside.
- Patients who prefer to wait in their car can do so and be called on their mobile phone to come into the room when the practitioner is ready to see them.
- If you are unwell with any “cold-like” symptoms or have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with Coronavirus, please call us on 07 3348 9611 to reschedule your appointment.
- Please do not bring anyone into the clinic with you that is unwell. If you have others in attendance with you for your appointment, we ask that they also hand sanitise upon their entry and exit to the clinic.
- If you are unsure whether you should attend your appointment, please contact our reception team who will advise accordingly. Please remember our 48hr cancellation and rescheduling policy still applies during this time.
Australian Government Department of Health:
World Health Organization: